Learning about Facial Peels
When considering a skin treatment, San Francisco residents should take a few minutes to learn the basics to ensure that they are informed. A chemical peel may also be referred to as derma peeling or chemexfoliation and it is a very non-invasive way to potentially improve your skin. Things like aging, sun exposure
What Can a Chemical Peel Treat?
Chemical peels can usually be used anywhere on the body to treat a wide variety of issues; however, these are most commonly used to treat problems that are affecting the skin on your face. These peels may be effective for the following skin issues:
· Acne or acne scars
· Fine lines and wrinkles
· Irregular skin pigmentation
· Age and liver spots
· Scaly patches and rough skin
· Sun-damaged skin
How Does a Chemical Peel Work?
Peels are applied by an experienced healthcare provider or technician and they work to remove the outer layers of your skin that are damaged to try and reveal the smooth and youthful skin underneath. Light chemical peels may be used to treat minor issues like fine lines, acne, dry skin areas or uneven pigment. There are also deep and medium peels that might work to treat different degrees of skin issues, with the deep peel possibly working to help the worst of skin issues. These peels usually are repeated one to two times per year to maintain the results. A deep peel is often done in the following manner:
1. You will be able to relax because you are usually given a sedative and then your face is numbed with an anesthetic
2. The face will be thoroughly cleansed
3. The area being treated will generally have phenol brushed on and this will sit for 30 minutes to two hours and then water is typically applied to neutralize the chemical
4. You will usually be given an hour for your skin to rest then petroleum jelly is smoothed onto it to protect and soothe
With this information, you can better determine
Disclaimer: We are unable to guarantee any result, even though most of our patients do see success. The results of our services will vary greatly to each patient’s level of commitment and compliance with the program.
Keyword: skin treatment san