Berman Skin Institute Partnership Opportunities
Merge or Sell Your Dermatology Practice
In the past 10 years, the number of private, solo medical practices have greatly diminished in the United States as physicians have quickly migrated towards a larger practice model. Federal incentives in the form of accountable care organizations, electronic medical records, and bundled payments are some of the reasons why practitioners are fleeing solo practice in favor of a larger group practice. More recently, there has been a huge surge in the number of private equity-sponsored dermatology platforms across the U.S., as profit-driven financial firms seek to consolidate, or “roll-up” the industry, analogous to what has happened in the dental, anesthesia, veterinary, and dialysis specialties.
Berman Skin Institute is a different kind of practice model, not created by financial firms, but by a dermatologist, Dr. David Berman, with the mission of providing excellent dermatologic and aesthetic care. Dermatologists who have merged their practice with Berman Skin Institute take advantage of improved management and IT infrastructure, better payor contracts, and are once again able to make patient care their number one priority.
If you are interested in learning more about how you might merge or sell your solo or small group dermatology practice so that you may discover revenue growth, improvement in quality of care, and more time for your own personal fulfillment, then please consider Berman Skin Institute as a dermatology partner you can trust. We have different acquisition approaches that can be tailored to your own specific needs.
Dermatologists partner with BSI for a variety of reasons:
- Maintenance of autonomy of the partnering physician
- Expert care
- Concierge-like service with a “Four Seasons” type brand
- Administrative functions professionally managed
- Sanctity of the patient-doctor relationship is maintained
Menu of Services:
- Human Resources
- Negotiation of payor contracts (better reimbursement rates with larger practice base)
- IT Services
- Access to Capital (leasehold improvements, Electronic Medical Record & equipment upgrades)
- Accounting, i.e. accounts payable and reporting
- Negotiation of supplier contracts
- Negotiation of capital equipment contracts (better prices typically with larger practice)
- Compliance (i.e., hotline and coding audits)
- Regulatory (i.e., assistance with MACRA & MIPS)
- Negotiation of insurance coverages (health, life, vision, dental, general & medical liability)
If you are a physician or physician group interested in learning more about how we serve our dermatology partners, please contact