About Our Dermatologists & Skin Care Staff
A note from Dr. Berman:
Our mission is to blend state-of-the-art medical technology and research with a dedication to patient welfare and healing to provide you with the best possible dermatologic care.
The Berman Skin Institute offers a full complement of skin treatment services and a caring, well-trained staff – all of whom put patient care first – to make your experience at the Institute as “patient-friendly” as possible.
We encourage you to call to schedule a consultation in order to discuss your specific concerns. Only then will we be able to gather a detailed history of your problem and perform a proper physical examination, allowing us to determine the treatment plan most suitable to your needs. We look forward to helping you achieve your goals for self improvement.
David Berman, MD
Berman Skin Institute (BSI) is a dermatology and cosmetic surgery center that differentiates itself from most others by having three unique features:
1) Patient Centric Focus
2) Strong Technology and Innovation Platform
3) Comprehensive Service Offering
Patient Centric Practice
BSI has a concierge-like practice which fosters long-standing relationships with our patients:
- Providers at BSI prefer that patients call them by their first name.
- Patients have direct access to their providers; each provider’s direct dial phone number and email is written on their business card. If a patient has a question or concern, BSI wants that patient to call their provider directly, and not call a general phone number.
- Even after hours, patients have 24/7 phone support connecting patients directly to a dermatologist, not a phone service.
- BSI providers treat 35% fewer patients per day compared to other dermatology practices, allowing each provider to run on time, and spend more time with patients to develop strong relationships. BSI providers want to get to know their patients well. This can’t happen if a dermatologist sees too many patients per day.
BSI will always try to accommodate the patient’s needs:
- Patients schedule appointments with ease via email requests, on its website, by phone or in person, and BSI always try to accommodate same day appointment requests when needed.
- BSI accepts most forms of insurance plans, and is determined to keep the cost of seeing a dermatologist economical for most patients who have no insurance (patients should however always check their own provider directory or call BSI directly to make sure BSI accepts their insurance prior to the visit).
- Gaining the patients’ trust is of paramount importance, and BSI will do what it takes to maximize that opportunity.
Strong Technology & Innovation Platform
- Successful R&D center for many medical device companies
- BSI has early access to novel technologies which it can offer to patients long before other physicians have access to these innovations
- Both BSI staff and patients enjoy making a contribution to medical science.
- Research is creative, fun and challenges the brain in different ways – BSI providers enjoy their research endeavors
- BSI is one of the largest skin laser centers in the world with 33 Lasers on site everyday plus dozens of other non-laser devices for skin and hair conditions; few other centers provide the breath of technologies that BSI has at its disposal
Medical & Surgical Dermatology
Skin Care Products
Mediclal & Surgical Dermatology (usually covered by insurance):
- 2000 Skin Diseases such as: Acne, Moles, Allergic skin reactions, Autoimmune diseases, Skin Infections, Childhood Congenital Diseases, Sexually transmitted diseases, etc, etc.
- Skin Cancer Surgery including excisions, Mohs Micrographic surgery, novel new topical therapies for skin cancer, photodynamic therapy for skin cancer and precancerous skin lesions.
- Dermatopathology Services: our dermatologists can read their own biopsies specimen samples under the microscope and bill
- Laser treatments of psoriasis, vitiligo, warts, congenital birthmarks
- Botox for hyperhidrosis (excessive sweating
- Stasis leg ulcers and large varicose veins treated by EVLT laser treatment
- Laser wrinkle treatment
- Laser hair removal, laser tattoo removal (24% of adults have a tattoo!), laser brown age spot removal, Laser removal of facial redness / “broken capillaries”, Laser assisted liposuction, Laser treatment of leg spider veins
- PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma) therapy for male & female hair loss
- Botox® for wrinkles, excess sweating, facial contouring
- Acne Scar treatment
- Ultherapy ultrasound technology to tighten skin and muscles of face/chest
- CoolSculpting® non-invasive fat removal: watch TV for 1 hour: watch your fat bulges go away within the next few months!
- Fillers (Juvederm®, Radiesse®, Sculptra®, Belotero®) for facial Aging
- MiraDry® device reduction of excess sweating
- Laser treatment of undereye blue veins
- Latisse Prescription eyelash topical solution
- Artas® Robotic Hair Transplant, Now 3 robots in Los Altos
- Many more other cosmetic dermatology services
Skin Care Products:
Berman Skin Institute has developed 14 skin care products including cleansers, moisturizers, anti-aging products, acne therapies and more, all of which are only available when visiting one of our offices.
- Chemical Peels, Microdermabrasion, Facials, Extractions for such skin concerns as acne, wrinkles, brown discoloration of the skin, acne scars, sun-damaged skin
- Aestheticians provide more mild approaches to skin care, as many patients can’t have, or don’t want more aggressive laser treatments, and aesthetician procedures may better serve their needs.