The Berman Skin Institute is one of the world’s largest dermatologic and aesthetic laser surgery centers, in Los Altos, San Francisco, Pleasanton, Walnut Creek, Cameron Park, Roseville, Placerville and Tracy, California. Our staff of 63 includes 9 doctors as well as physician assistants, nurse practitioners and registered nurses who collectively provide a team approach in caring for the 200,000 patients that have visited us since 1993. Our center has more experience in laser hair removal than any other clinic in the San Francisco Bay Area, with 58 different lasers on site full time. Since 1997, we have performed thousands of treatments, and consider ourselves the experts in this field. Today, laser hair removal is one of the most popular laser treatments in the world. Its safety and effectiveness have made most other treatments for excessive hair growth obsolete.
Treatment Videos & Testimonials
Watch Dr. Berman removing unwanted hair as seen on ABC7News
Watch Dr. Berman removing unwanted hair as seen on The Discovery Channel
- FDA approved for reduction of hair
- Treatment areas include the face, lip, bikini line, legs, back, buttocks, feet, shoulders, abdomen
- Any area with dark hair may be treated
- Removes hair and hair bumps (pseudofolliculitis barbae), ingrown hairs
- Large areas done at one time
- Multiple areas done at one time
- Minimal risk
How Does It Work?
The laser is passed over the skin, and light energy is absorbed by dark pigment in hair follicles beneath the skin, disabling hundreds of hairs at a time.
The technological advantages of our lasers over older laser systems are:
Of the 58 lasers available in our clinic, 20 are dedicated to laser hair removal. The significant technological advantages of our lasers over older laser systems are:
- a longer wavelength of light which penetrates the skin and targets the hair follicles below
- a longer pulse duration which also permits deeper penetration of the skin
- a quicker treatment, important for treating larger areas
Safety & Side Effects
We perform test spots with increasing energy settings at the time of the initial consultation. This way, we can start the treatment at the most effective energy for the greatest results, while avoiding the risk of injury to the overlying skin like blisters, scarring or a change of pigment. Test spots also help minimize the number of sessions required.
Does it Hurt?
A topical anesthetic cream is all that is required for most patients to alleviate pain.
Laser Hair Removal Gallery
*Results may vary.