About Fraxel Laser Treatment
The new Fraxel™ Laser Treatment offers a “fractional” approach to laser skin resurfacing. This treatment represents a novel way to improve sun-damaged, wrinkled, discolored and scarred skin by offering patients the positive results of CO2 and Erbium:YAG laser treatments with no to minimal downtime. Aggressive treatments may make patients somewhat pink and swollen for a day or more. This innovative approach is specially designed to alter only fractional volumes of the skin. Similar to digital alteration of photographs and paintings, the clinical effect of this treatment technique is to alter the appearance of aging, sun-damaged and scarred skin. The creation of tiny micro-wounds results in a microscopic wound healing process and the resultant formation of new collagen fibers.
40% OFF IPL & Fraxel Special–Ends Sept 15th
Special Ends Sept 15th
1. You can use your First Name for Patient Account Number.
2. Under Comment put the package you want to purchase.
Special pricing available on new packages only; does not apply to previously purchased packages.
Offer valid thru Sept 15th 2021.
Treatment Videos & Testimonials
See Dr. Berman performing no down time anti aging procedures on National TV
Fraxel™ Laser Treatment – Procedure
Fraxel™ Laser to Acne Scars
- All areas of the face, neck, hands and body can be treated
- Fraxel™ laser treatments represents an innovative approach to repairing aging and sun damaged skin
- Replaces and rebuilds damaged skin like digital modification – pixel by pixel and spot by spot
- Little to no downtime, depending on depth of treatment.
- Minimal risk
- Reduces wrinkles, sun-damaged and scarred skin
- Reduces brown discoloration (freckles, melasma, brown age spots)
- Reduces precancerous lesions
- No painful or lengthy recovery
- No general anesthesia
- Fraxel™ laser treatment is specially designed to affect “fractional”volumes of skin tissue, providing the benefits of rapid healing without negative side effects
- Creates new epidermis in treatment zones within 24 hours in significant contrast to “non-ablative” techniques
Special Ends Sept 15th
Collagen, Cosmoderm and Cosmoplast, Dermal Grafts, Laser Skin Resurfacing, MicroLaserPeel™, Punch Grafts, Radiesse, Restylane, Perlane, Sculptra, Retinoic Acid Creams, Subcisions, and V Beam Laser Toning.
How Does it Work?
The skin is treated fractionally with patterns of microscopic laser spots, each of which is 70-100 microns in diameter, resulting in a unique wound healing process. Each laser spot or “MicroThermal Zone,” is surrounded by untreated tissue. Fractional wound healing results in both rapid replacement of the sun-damaged, surface layer of the skin, as well as collagen remodeling in the deeper dermis, to depths of 400-700 microns.
An analogy to Fraxel™ Laser Treatments is pixels in a newspaper photograph. If one looks at a newsprint photo closely, one will see that the image is actually comprised of thousands of tiny spots of ink. Similarly, this laser treatment produces thousands of tiny MicroThermal Zones. These zones not only penetrate deep into the dermis rejuvenating collagen and reducing wrinkles, but also resurface the uppermost portion of the skin, resulting in the formation of new epidermal cells with reduction or complete elimination of uneven pigment. Further, the intervening areas of untouched skin between these MicroThermal Zones allow the skin to heal much faster compared to conventional laser skin resurfacing.
Who is a Candidate?
Most skin types can undergo this treatment; however individuals with darker complexions may have an increased risk of hyperpigmentation after the procedure.
What can I Expect?
Patients should expect to see a steady improvement in the color and contour of the skin. The skin appears healthier and younger with each treatment.
Results may vary.
Safety & Side Effects
Infection, scarring, increase or decrease coloration of the skin is possible with almost any laser treatment. The Fraxel™ Laser Treatment however provides unprecedented control in laser skin rejuvenation. Risks are minimal, though the specific risks and the suitability of these procedures for a given individual can be determined only at the time of the consultation. All procedures have some degree of risk. Minor complications that do not affect the outcome occur occasionally.
The Fraxel™ Laser Treatment will leave pinkness on the skin for a few days. Most patients can go back to their regular activity the next day, while some patients return the very same day. To completely cover the entire skin’s surface, multiple sessions will be required to achieve the best aesthetic result.
Does it Hurt?
Fraxel™ treatments require that the patient apply a topical anesthetic cream to the skin prior to the procedure to make this a comfortable procedure.
Before Treatment Instructions
Avoid tanning for one month before the procedure. Apply a topical anesthetic cream to the proposed treatment area for 60-90 minutes prior to the procedure.
After Treatment Instructions
Avoid tanning for one month after the procedure.
Who Performs the Treatments?
Physicians, Physician Assistants and Registered Nurses
Special Ends Sept 15th
- What is Fraxel? Fraxel treatments use safe, factional laser technology to treat minor to severe skin damage, such as age or sun spots, wrinkles and other signs of aging. Depending on your needs, Fraxel treatments can help prevent the signs of aging, resurface damaged skin or correct severe damage.
- Are all Fraxel lasers the same? The Berman Skin Institute has been using Fraxel laser technology since 2005. However, we recently upgraded to the newer Fraxel restore laser which is much more powerful, goes deeper into the skin and delivers better results, without the messy blue dye required by the older Fraxel 750 laser.
- How long has Fraxel been available? The first non-ablative Fraxel device was first cleared by the FDA in 2003 and has been available in physician offices since then. Our office has been treating patients with the original Fraxel laser since 2005.
- How does it work? Fraxel treatment uses patented fractional technology to target damaged skin with microscopic laser columns that penetrate deep into the skin. The laser treats only a fraction of tissue at a time, leaving the surrounding tissue intact, which promotes rapid healing. This stimulates your body’s own natural healing process, replacing the old and damaged cells with fresh, glowing, healthy skin.
- How long is the treatment? Depending on the size, location and condition of the area to be treated, Fraxel treatment can take as little as 20 minutes. However, since we apply an anesthetic cream on the area at least 45 minutes prior to your procedure, we ask that you reserve at least 1.5 hours for your appointment.
- How many treatments will I need? The number of treatments you need depends on your goals and desired outcomes as well as your lifestyle. We will work with you to weigh the aggressiveness of the treatment with the downtime associated. Typically, patients receive their desired outcomes in 4-6 treatments.
- Who can be treated with the Fraxel laser? The Fraxel laser treats women and men of all ages and skin color.
- Can you treat parts of the body? Fraxel treatment works all areas of the body especially on delicate skin areas like the neck, chest and back of the hands.
- What kind of results can I expect? Your skin will feel softer, look brighter and show more even skin tone. Other benefits of the treatment may include:
- Smoother, fresher, younger looking skin
- Improved tone and texture
- Erasing of unwanted brown spots
- Reduced fine lines and wrinkles around the eyes
- When do the results appear, and how long do they last? The results of treatment are both immediate and progressive. Soon after the treatment, the surface of your skin will feel softer, look brighter and show more even tone. The next 3 to 6 months will bring more improvement as the deeper layers of the skin continue to heal. Stimulation of new collagen growth; the new collagen is generated in the skin which remains for a lifetime. Certainly, brown spots can recur should you be getting excessive sun exposure.
- What will I look like immediately after the procedures? Can I go right back to work? Fraxel treatment can be tailored to your desired outcomes. Depending on the aggressiveness of the treatment, you may experience redness or swelling after the procedure which diminishes as quickly as the next day or over the next several days. We will work with you to determine the best option to fit your lifestyle.
- Does it hurt? Most patients describe an increased sensation of heat during the treatment. We will apply a topical anesthetic ointment before the procedure which helps minimize any discomfort during treatment.
- Who performs the procedures? Our Physicians, physician assistants and registered nurses have been extensively trained on the Fraxel treatment.
- Can I avoid other cosmetic procedures if I do this? Each procedure has its own benefits. Fraxel is a great choice for resurfacing your skin, helping to diminish age or sun spots, reducing wrinkles and fine lines and many other benefits.
- Can I get a Fraxel treatment if I’ve already had other procedures? Fraxel procedures may be compatible with most other cosmetic procedures, like soft-tissue fillers or Botox.
- Is it safe? Fraxel treatment is a safe option backed by extensive research. Of course, as with any laser procedure there’s always some risk and/or downtime.
- How much does Fraxel cost? The cost depends on the area you’re having treated and the number of treatments you need for your desired results. We encourage you to come in for a consultation at which point we can give you a more precise idea of cost.
Fraxel™ Laser Treatment Gallery
Fraxel™ Laser Treatment for Wrinkles & Aging Skin
*Results may vary.
Special Ends Sept 15th