Sunscreen is the first line of defense people use
1. Sunscreen is just one part of an effective way to protect oneself from the harmful UV rays of the sun. Although it is just one part, it is an effective part of a sun-protection plan. With the proper sunscreen, not only can a person protect themselves from discoloration, pigmentation, and skin irritation due to exposure to the sun’s rays, they can also protect themselves from more serious skin conditions like skin cancer. With regular use of sunscreen, a person has lower chances of aging their skin quickly and also lower chances of developing skin cancer.
2. When getting a sunscreen, the SPF value is an important factor in deciding whether to buy it or not. SPF tells a person how much protection a sunscreen can provide against UVB radiation, which is the type of radiation that leads to the burning of the skin. The SPF value shows how long a person can get exposed under the sun before experience the burn. For instance, if a person usually feels the burn 10 minutes after getting exposed in the sun, using an SPF 30 sunscreen will give him 300 minutes theoretically until they feel the burn. Just to be sure, it is recommended to use sunscreen with SPF 30 or higher.
3. Some sunscreens are claimed to be water-resistant. Since usually sunscreen is used when a person spends some time in the beach or swimming pool in San Francisco, it makes no sense to wear it if they are going to take a dip immediately. Hence, they choose
4. When getting a sunscreen, it is best to check the ingredients. There might be harmful ingredients in the sunscreen a person is getting so it is best to always check the label. Some sunscreens have chemical ingredients that might irritate someone with sensitive skin. Therefore, this might do more harm than good. To avoid this problem, it is best to get a sunscreen with organic or natural ingredients.
5. Sunscreen will not be effective if it is not used properly. It is important that sunscreen is applied before getting exposed to the sun’s harmful rays, not while getting exposed to it. Moreover, apply enough sunscreen to the body for it to be effective. In general, sunscreen a size of a shot glass is enough to cover the whole body. Lastly, make sure no skin is missed to guarantee that every corner of the skin is protected.
Disclaimer: We are unable to guarantee any result, even though most of our patients do see success. The results of our services will vary greatly to each patient’s level of commitment and compliance with the program.