5 Skin Care Products that Everyone Needs
While cosmetics companies would have you believe otherwise, there are just a few face and body care products that are universally required. Both men and women can benefit from using these products on a regular basis and they will improve the look and feel of the skin as well as its overall health. While some people may want to add additional products to their skin care routine, but on a basic level all that’s required are these 5 products:
- Sunscreen – Any skin doctor will rank an SPF cream as the most important product for providing protection from harmful UV rays and preventing cancer, sun damage, and premature wrinkles. Individuals should look for a broad-spectrum cream with an SPF of 30 or higher. Sunscreen should be applied liberally and often for it to be most effective at blocking out the sun’s rays. Individuals should remember that no sunscreen can block out 100% of the harmful effects of UV rays so it’s still important to wear a hat and seek out shade when outdoors.
- Cleanser – A mild cleanser is all that’s needed to wash the face and neck and clean away the dirt and grime that builds up on the face’s surface at the end of a day. Roseville city pollution, dust particles, and bacteria all accumulate on the face throughout the day and need to be washed away. Simple soap and water is effective at cleaning but it can strip the face of its natural oils, whereas a gentle cleanser will leave it feeling more hydrated.
- Moisturizer – A simple, unfragranced lightweight moisturizer will keep the face hydrated and supple, no matter what an individual’s skin type is. A light formula allows the skin to breathe and won’t be too heavy for sensitive types. This type of moisturizer can also double as a body cream if needed. Many moisturizers have an SPF component, which is an added bonus, however it shouldn’t replace wearing proper sunscreen.
- Hand cream – Skin doctors treat many people across Roseville for dryness conditions that affect the hands. Common conditions like eczema are exacerbated on the hands because of the number of times an individual washes their hands throughout the day. Soap dries out the hands and in cases of extreme dryness, they can cracked and become irritated. A rich hand cream is essential and should be applied after every hand washing to keep the skin moisturized and protected. Unscented formulas are best for using on hands.
- Lip balm – Dry lips can become chapped, or can crack or split. Not only is this uncomfortable and unsightly, but it invites bacteria into body through the affected areas around the mouth. Lip balms made of synthetic substances can feel even more drying, so individuals should seek out products that are made of natural ingredients and those that contain SPF where possible, for soft and healthy lips.
Disclaimer: We are unable to guarantee any result, even though most of our patients do see success. The results of our services will vary greatly to each patient’s level of commitment and compliance with the program.